
Seeing: Well, I can’t help but notice that my sweet family is growing. The new family picture helped me stop and take notice that each one of the kids are really blooming. Mason is 7 next month! He excels at school and especially loves math (word problems, geometry, it is amazing what he can do already!) and spelling. At home I would say his favorite hobbies are jump roping and paper crafts?. I don’t know what else to call them, but for a while he was really into dot to dots, and then there was a paper airplane phrase, and now he is into cutting out snowflakes… He tells me that jumping rope is a great exercise for the whole body, so he works out often. Then we have Myla. She is my sweet girl with some mean looks. We are really working on smiling at new people instead of staring them down. She loves playing with Maddox. Dressing him up in her princess skirts and forcing him into closets to play with flash lights are some of her games. He doesn’t mind too much. Lil bubba's nickname is Mad Max. He is really turning into a toddler. He understands when I ask him to find his blanket or cup. He is a mess and will literally open drawers and pull everything out. Take a look and see what I see.
Hearing: The other day when Maddox was pulling everything out of my drawer and the other two were chasing eachother through the house I turned on my Christmas Mix and Mindy Smith was singing. Her music helped calm the chaos. So I’m listening to her a lot lately.
Tasting: I eat sandwiches everyday usually and when winter comes I crave soup. This year I have treated myself to homemade instead of canned. I just make a batch on Monday and heat it up everyday. My favorite has been White Chili with navy beans and chicken. The recipe is super easy and on the back of cans of Busch’s Navy Beans. My batch only lasted 3 days it was so good. Yum!
Smelling: This one was hard. Besides, my soup and the new scented trash bags I bought I can’t think of much. My favorite smell this time of year is the fireplace and cinnamon. I love those cinnamon pinecones. And I love walking Mason home from the bus when it’s cold and smelling the fireplaces burning.
Touching: These hands are usually bathing, tickling, cleaning up after, wiping noses, changing diapers, doing laundry, claening ect! This last weekend Kip and I got to stay in a hotel for the first time in over 2 years. He had his work party downtown and we got a room in the hotel. We stayed up late, drank a little, ate really good free food, talked with adults, and slept in a cozy bed until almost 10 in the morning! (Betcha thought I was gonna get graphic) It was amazing.
Faith: I’m listening to Matt Chandler’s Ecclesiastes series. He says that faith is our sixth sense and our world without it is meaningless. I love the possibility that this sense may actually grow stronger as I age even though the others are sure to weaken. Yet since my entire view on life hinges on this; the future is very bright. Most of all I love that I can’t mess it up and that it’s very existence in me depends on someone else’s work which is complete.
5 comments:
I LOVE your new pictures! It was great seeing you guys on Friday night at Santa's Village and I hope we can see you again soon when there are not hundreds of people everywhere :) Have a GREAT Christmas!
I love your family picture! You all are so beautiful! And I really hope my faith sense grows stronger as I age...thanks for sharing,
PLEASE change your mind about dinner!!!!
-kristen
Love the new pics! Your kids are so cute! I'm jealous Maddox has so much hair, Zane still has very little, Emmie better not take after her brother!
I am loving soup toooo!!!!tarrah introduced me to quick tortilla...can base and then add stuff!!! anyway miss you!! will have to come out and see you! maybe next week??? will see if tarrah wants to make a trip! oh and saw yalls Christmas card at tarrahs!!! love it!!!
Angi-This is the only way I know to contact you.. :) I am trying to get as many of the Village Mommies email addresses as I can to send out this month's evite, but I don't have your address. Can you send me your email address. My email is amy.frigoli@gmail.com
Post a Comment