Monday, March 9, 2009

Wise Whispers

Happy Monday! Yesterday I had such an overwhelming experience at church. It was almost as if God spoke directly to me as Matt preached. The last two weeks came together as God’s route to repentance in my heart. It was so beautiful and kind of Him. I was thinking about my blog friends and how grateful I am that they have found church homes that they love also. It is truly a blessing to leave the world for an hour or so to worship and be vulnerable with God’s people.

And to top it off last night ended with a great lesson from the Dog Whisperer! I know there have got to be other Ceasar Millan fans out there, right? He trains dogs, but seriously his patience and lessons about being assertive really speak to me. Last night he had to work with three unruly dogs. After being bit twice which actually ripped his shirt and broke skin; then dealing with too crazy hyper dogs for hours he actually lost his cool! His closing remark was… (sounds even better if read with an accent) “I’m exhausted! I feel like I went here from Mexico and came back. I’m not going to question why God send me the challenge, I’m just going to thank Him for it.”

Lord, I have once again tried to take your place in my life. I grow weary of punishing myself for unmet standards you do not ask me to keep. Help me to take this day or even just this moment not as I think it should be but as you would have it. Flood my heart with gratefulness and praise for You and your grace, Lord help me return to you. Amen.

1 comment:

The Lancasters said...

I find MANY life lessons while watching the Dog Whisperer! You will have to ask Tyler about what I told him last time we were in Kansas about a life lesson from the D.W.! He was surprised :)