That's what I feel like sometimes, like I'm out here just floating aimlessly. I'm at the point in my life where I need permanency and a good plan. I crave a place to lay my hat for 50 years and I so want to know what to expect tomorrow or next year. Without answers my soul seems to wonder without direction and all my unanwswered question create a lot of anxiety. The Lord blessed me with several answers last week and I thought I would share two of them. The first was the Easter Message given by Matt Chandler at the Village where he answered the question, "why we exist". The Lord really used it to change things in me, maybe He will do the same for you. The other was a verse in Hebrews 6:19
"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil..."
The hope is based on God's promise to Abraham. The promises God makes in the Old Testament are fulfilled in the New through Jesus Christ. After a lot of waiting, living and dieing, everything God said would happen actually happened. Through the fulfillment of these promises we have hope. My Bible notes say that this anchor of hope goes up to the true sanctuary where we are actually moored to God.
I am not floating, I can make no mistakes that are going to mess up God's plan, He has a reason that I am here now and He knows what tomorrow will bring. There are no accidents and there is no such thing as coincidence. God is completing sovereign and completely good. This is my hope and it is the anchor in which my soul can rest.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment