Yesterday was just a really challenging day. Several things happened, but I really can’t blame the way I felt on anything around me . The only way I can describe it was that my mind was under attack. The day seemed so long and so taxing. I tried my best to get myself out of it, praying and returning to scriptures, but nothing seemed to work. By the time the day was over I was really beaten down and feeling very hopeless. Then something happened... God gave me a great gift, it wasn’t something I could hold in my hand or even something that was really visible. It was more of a renewing, suddenly the darkness lifted and I could think clearly again. It was so beautiful and I knew in my soul it was from God. I felt like He was showing me, I’m here even when it doesn’t feel like it, even when your mind cannot understand me or what I’m doing, I’m here. It seemed almost like a lesson that next time my mind goes to that dark place, even when it lasts longer than a day, maybe I can rest on the fact that at the end is something really beautiful. Something He has just for me. I love this verse, (Is 58:11) the whole chapter actually.
“And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”
I used to think it was just for missionaries and the like, but I decided to keep it for my own. It’s pretty hot, where I am…
2 comments:
hmmm, sounds like my day today, or my week...i could use a little strengthening of my bones here in Hot Murphy,
thanks!
k.
even more of a blessing b/c you noticed it was from God:) so good seeing you today! didnt tell you how cute you looked! love your stylish self! ok so am looking forward to coming over! wed. are good for me or mondays??? let me know!
Post a Comment